Progyny is leading the way in patient focused clinical IVF and embryology and is searching for a Sales Director, Southwest US.
Progyny is the first company to provide fertility patients with easy accessibility to high quality doctors, price transparency, and financing, coupled with extraordinary clinical expertise and proprietary clinical solutions. Rooted in clinical excellence and serving as a champion for the consumer, the company is committed to helping ensure that patients control their fertility journey and achieve the best possible outcome. Progyny is privately held and its investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, TPG Biotech, SR One, and Merck Serono Ventures. The company is headquartered in New York, NY with operations in Menlo Park, CA.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Progyny is searching for an experienced and interactive sales professional to build the company’s client base in the Southwest. This small, but rapidly growing company seeks an individual that possesses the sales skills required to directly impact revenue quickly, as well as someone who is entrepreneurially minded and has the willingness and ability to participate in other areas of the business including business planning and strategy, online marketing, and analytics. The ideal candidate is a generalist, with strong sales skills and connections in the Fertility space, who embraces the variety that is endemic to a small company, and is not hindered by the occasional lack of structure that also often exists. The position is based remotely.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prospect and develop key senior level fertility clinic relationships in order to effectively build and maintain territory sales revenue.
• Establish professional relationships and a robust account pipeline by prioritizing and conducting a high volume of sales calls to realize maximum revenue.
• Know and understand the workings of the embryology laboratory and the potential impact of time lapse imaging coupled with algorithm-based analysis of embryo development.
• Assist with National account management and sales support activities to drive account expansion and penetration, develop long-term relationships and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Strategically approach prospects and determine needs, marketing initiatives/ objectives, business model, budget cycle and key decision-makers.
• Develop and deliver effective sales proposals by utilizing a thorough understanding of Progyny’s suite of clinical fertility offerings.
• Conduct high-level client sales meetings and presentations to aggressively and professionally move the sales process towards agreement in a timely manner.
• Maximize results and ensure an increasing revenue stream by communicating with the client services team and client to assure execution of deliverables and maximum program optimization.
• Complete regular call reports, sales pipelines and revenue forecasts.
• Attend quarterly team meetings and industry conventions in your territory.
Education and/or Job Experience:
• BA/BS degree in science and/or business
• Extensive sales background with a minimum 5-7 years of success in the fertility space
• Experience in embryology or embryology lab sales
• In-depth knowledge of fertility practices and the changing landscape of technology in the space
• Solid contacts and relationships in territory and nationwide
• Ability to think strategically from a marketing perspective
• Ability to orchestrate internal champions at high levels to acquire necessary funding from a variety of budgets
• Highly developed written and oral presentation skills
• Effective planning, organizing and work management skills
DEMONSTRATED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Candidate must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others. Essential attributes of the successful candidate is one who:
Is Action Oriented:
• Motivated by results
• Full of energy when faced with challenges
• Able to make and implement tough decisions
Deals with Ambiguity:
• Can be flexible and adaptable in a complex, changing environment
• Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
• Work independently in remote location
• Practices attentive and active listening
• Has the patience to hear people out and to search for constructive input
Exemplifies Interpersonal Savvy and Integrity:
• Relates well to all kinds of people—both inside and outside the company
• Builds constructive and effective relationships
• Uses diplomacy and tact
• Adheres to an appropriate set of core values and beliefs
• Always acts with uncompromising integrity
Makes Quality Decisions:
• Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
• Seeks and encourages diverse input
• Can challenge the status quo and think outside the box
• Is sought out by others for advice and solutions
Is Respected as a Leader:
• Leads and influences constituents with possible divergent interests to complete a common goal
• Is recognized within related industry peers