- If you are not currently covered by Progyny, have your employer reach out to our sales team for more information on our comprehensive fertility benefits and package. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To learn more visit, https://www.progyny.com/whatwedo
- Progyny’s fertility benefits provide treatment based on value versus cost. This means a member will have access to the best treatment and technology for them. The SMART Cycle features services preimplantation genetic screening (PGS), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), vitrification, single embryo transfer (SET), IVF and IUI.
- If you’re an employer or a patient interested in learning more, contact us at email@example.com.
- A SMART Cycle functions as a type of currency that patients can use when shopping for treatment options. Patients simply chose the procedure that will be the most effective, but instead of paying cash, Progyny members use a SMART cycle (or a portion of a SMART cycle) to cover the process from beginning to end. This includes the initial consult, diagnostic testing, and all infertility treatment options, including the latest embryo screening technologies. By offering bundled coverage we are increasing success rates, and decreasing time to pregnancy.
- Employers choose the number of all-inclusive SMART Cycles they’d like to fund. Coverage amounts typically range from 1 to 5 SMART cycles per employee. The number of SMART cycles included in an employee's benefit package indicate the amount of coverage that employee is entitled to. This enables employees to have full coverage for the treatment that’s right for them.
- Check with HR or your Patient Care Advocate for a breakdown of your benefits.
You can browse our directory which lists which clinics and doctors are part of our vast network.
At this time, we are no longer offering fertility assistance directly to patients. You can speak directly with a fertility clinic if you're interested in pursuing treatment and exploring various financial options.
- Our patient care advocates (PCA’s) are here to support you throughout the fertility process. They’ll listen to your needs, offer answers,schedule appointments, and connect you with the right experts, surrogacy or donor specialists, genetic counselors or fertility nurses.
- Contact your patient care advocate today to get started.
- Progyny provides a confirmation statement when we authorize your services. Your confirmation statement is your proof of enrollment and will include your Progyny member ID, authorization number, and a list of in-network laboratories for diagnostic testing, Preconception Carrier Screening, and Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS).
- If you have any questions regarding your next appointment or Progyny member ID please contact your PCA.
- Yes. To begin treatment, please contact your PCA (patient care advocate).